Love his dog as much as he loves his dog, or your pixels will be sad. Or something…
erhaps Peter Molyneux could be seen as the M. Night Shyamalan of the video game industry:
- Both had some rather excellent starts in their respective industries
- Both created some very unique classices (P. M. and Black and White, M. N. S. and The Sixth Sense, etc.)
- Both are strangely consumed by narcissism, “passion” and hubris
- Both have fallen from their good graces and repeatedly created lackluster entertainment in the latter halves of their careers
- Both have become a joke (more or less) in their respective industries
The only real difference is that one makes movies and the other makes video games. Continue reading
Rock ’em Sock ’em Robots on steroids.
hat did I say? Did I not call this out before?:
“R.I.P.D. wasn’t the only comic book movie to have a disappointing debut this weekend. The Bruce Willis-led ensemble action comedy Red 2 had a soft fifth place opening of $18.5 million, a lower gross than the original film had.
Meanwhile, Pacific Rim continues its domestic box office slide, falling to sixth place in its second weekend with just shy of $16 million. The movie, which cost almost $200 million to make and millions more to market, has a current domestic cume of $68.2 million. It has, though, made nearly twice that overseas.” Continue reading