efore talking about the newest iteration, it is perhaps important to establish some thoughts about the previous game in the franchise; Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB). Super Smash Bros. Brawl offered a strange and conflicting experience. One one hand:
- It had superb production value.
- An amazing and inimitable soundtrack.
- Was almost perfectly balanced (almost to a fault).
- Fixed the horrendous level of “clone” and “copy-paste” characters (i.e. Mario/Dr. Mario/Luigi, Pikachu/Pichu, Captain Falcon/Ganondorf, Marth/Roy, Mewtwo and Ness/Zelda, etc.).
- Had a much better variety of stages.
- Added good variety of game modes.
- The inclusion of an online mode.
- Interesting addition of third-party characters.
On the other hand: Continue reading